Calendar of Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Peer Consultation Group: Understanding and Treating Anxiety Disorder – Evidence-based Interventions
The Peer Consult Group will provide peer support for evidence-based interventions for anxiety disorders. The initial plan is that the group will be an open group that meets every other week for a year. Changes will be made based on member feedback.
Topics to be addressed may include:
• Using a model of anxiety to explain and guide treatment
• Interoceptive exposure for fear of somatic sensations
• Effectively countering common fears
• Exposure and response prevention for OCD
• Using Virtual reality (VR) in treating anxiety
• Consultation about specific cases
This group is facilitated by Elizabeth McMahon, Ph.D.
Friday, April 7, 2023, 8:00 AM until 9:00 AM